Bob Parsons is the guy who’s responsible for the creation of the world’s largest web hosting service with quality standardization and good customer service.
GoDaddy was registered as Jomax Technologies in 1997, In 1998 they started to offer to host. It was changed as GoDaddy in 1999. By the end of the year, 2000 GoDaddy was ICANN accredited and started registering domains.
Now GoDaddy has over 17 million active customers and more than 75 million domain names, GoDaddy after that has won multiple awards for their service in the respective field.
GoDaddy targets the smaller businesses with less than 6 employees, and with time they have made their company customer friendly and mostly provides service for Windows and Linux allowing the customer to choose. They became famous for the choice of their advertisements in the past.
We have a lot of websites and companies that offer WordPress hosting services, but GoDaddy is staying in the top of the game by providing services at competitive rates, it has better customer service than most of the other companies. And has superior technology plus fast loading time, with extra features for your website to run smoothly.
GoDaddy acquired the renowned domain marketplace called as Afternic in 2013 from NameMedia.
GoDaddy won the Stevie Awards in 2017 for Exceptional Customer Service.
GoDaddy bought the Marchex Portfolios and Worldwide Media in 2015.
More than 30% of all websites are hosted by WordPress
GoDaddy announced that it’s entering all in Amazon Web Services On March 28, 2018
GoDaddy launched WordPress hosting in the year 2014, It was one of the 40+ companies that provided web hosting, still managed to shine out all of them with their sheer will and dedication in their company and service.
In 2011 GoDaddy received backlash from its customers as it supported the SOPA and PIPA bills that restrict the internet and the privacy rights of users, eventually they changed their decision following the events of backlash from its customers and investors.
Pro’s of using GoDaddy
- GoDaddy uses separate servers only optimized for WordPress for faster and secure browsing.
- GoDaddy is cheaper for the features they provide, with unlimited bandwidth.
- The beginner can set up the website using the help of customer service.
- Usability and Backend of GoDaddy are drastically improved over the past decade.
- GoDaddy has a large scale of countermeasures for security reasons and provides excellent security to the customers.
- It has Amazing Customer Service that solves the customer issues either online or over the phone.
Con’s of Using GoDaddy
- During the checkout process, GoDaddy adds many of the tools and features as add-ons, even though they are optional certain customers don’t find it appealing
- GoDaddy doesn’t provide cPanel for free, we can get cPanel at a certain amount of fee.
- Leaving GoDaddy once you join is a difficult process compared to the joining process.
- Except for the Ultimate Plan, GoDaddy doesn’t provide an SSL certificate for the other plans which customers don’t like.
- GoDaddy has come under numerous controversies following their ads in Superbowl and different mediums, many customers backed from GoDaddy due to the choice of advertising.
- It has Restrictions on Data Plans.
WordPress hosting ideas of GoDaddy is an interesting and simple way for people looking to building a WordPress powered website with Good Security and features at affordable pricing range.